Saturday, November 29, 2008

Christmas candle

I thought I would show you all a new technique that I learned. This Christmas candle card was made at card crop with Monica Fiedler. The first picture shows the entire card so that you can see the finished product. We used versamark to stamp the image creating a background and layered the mattes to give it dimension. We did two different cards using the same technique, the other card had the mattes square with the brads set further out.

The really cool part of this card is how the candle was colored. The picture does not give it justice. The image was stamped on acetate using stazon. Here comes the cool part are you ready for it?? The acetate was run through a sticker machine putting glue all over the back like a sticker!! After we stamped the image on the front we flipped it over and used chalk to color in certain parts of the image. The glue held the chalk and when we mounted it to the green cardstock the image really popped.


I know this image is a little blurred but I thought you'd still be able to see how I colored only parts of the image.
I hope you liked this technique. It took me a while to get over the coolness factor. I made a couple more using different stamps.

I hope you all had a great thanksgiving and I will blog with you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment